Adsense

Friday 9 August 2013

The Royal Eid: Aditi Rao Hydari traces her ancestry to two royal families

The Royal Eid: Aditi Rao Hydari traces her ancestry to two royal families

The Royal Eid: Aditi Rao Hydari traces her ancestry to two royal families

Friday, August 09, 2013 15:23 IST
It is that time of the year when the smell of biryani, korma and seviyan fills the air

`If I am in Hyderabad during Eid, I make sure to cook for the entire family living in the city,` says Aditi Rao Hydari, who traces her ancestry to two royal families of Hyderabad--namely Muhammed Saleh Akbar Hydari and J Rameshwar Rao of erstwhile Raja of Wanaparthy family.

The actress who grew up in a multi-cultural environment talks about Eid in Hyderabad, acting and why dancing is a passion.

Hyderabad Hues
Be it any festival, we as a family celebrate it. We all meet and join in the revelry. As for Eid, there is a stream of guests and relatives at our home. As kids, we would receive money and gifts as 'eidi'. Now, I give eidi to the young ones in the family.

At home, we cook delicacies like sheer kurma, biryani, haleem, salli boti and the special Hyderabadi biryani. Recently I visited the the streets of Mumbai during Ramzan.

I enjoyed the nalli nihari (mutton dish), chicken and mutton kebabs and firni. Thankfully, I have an appetite of a sparrow. So it doesn't show on my figure.


In the orbit of fame
Since childhood, I was told that I would be an actress because of my good looks. Though I would pretend not to understand, it was a secret desire that i would grow up to be one. The fact that I was a good singer and dancer helped fuel my ambition. 

I had started learning Bharatanatyam since I was six and became a disciple of Leela Samson. My dream came true when I made a debut in a Malayalam film opposite the legendary Mammootty. In 2007, I played the role of devadasi in a Tamil film. 

I got that film when the director of the film Sharada Ramanathan saw me perform at a conference. After that things started falling in place. Movies like Delhi 6, Yeh Saali Zindagi, London Paris New York and Murder 3 came my way.


Dancing and friends
I keep myself fit by dancing and practising yoga. By God's grace, I have a high metabolism level which keeps my weight in check. When I am not shooting, I spend time with my family and friends. I don't have many friends in the industry, my friends are from my childhood days.


Bollywood's warm welcome
I am an outsider in Bollywood with no connections whatsoever. But the industry accepted me with open arms. It is one's talent that is recognised here. I feeI truly blessed to be the part of the industry. An actor's most valuable asset are his/her fans. I believe in satisfying them with my performances. It's their love and appreciation that I yearn for as an actor. 

Other Bollywood Stars send out Eid-ul-Fitr, Teej greetings


On the occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr and Teej, Bollywood celebrities like Shabana Azmi and Mahesh Bhatt sent out greetings to their friends and fans, urging everyone to spread love and peace. 

A string of celebrities like Farhan Akhtar, Abhishek Bachchan, Sonakshi Sinha, Nargis Fakhri, Mallika Sherawat, Neha Dhupia, Jaaved Jaffrey and Arbaaz Khan wished the humble "Eid mubarak", while others gave out extended wishes too on social networking site. 

Here's what they wrote:

Akshay Kumar: Thanks to Shoaib (his character in "Once Upon Ay Time In Mumbai Dobaara!"), got a chance to get better acquainted with the Muslim culture. Wishing you all Eid. 

Shabana Azmi: Sabhi ko Eid Mubarak Aman aur Dosti. 

Sandhya Mridul: Eid Mubarak all, even though religion needn't tell you to treat people with love and compassion today's a good to start. Love peace happiness. 

Punit Malhotra: Eid Mubarak all my Muslim friends. Almost a day off for me and I don't know what to do with myself. Hoping to get some great biryani. 


Bipasha Basu: Eid mubarak to all. Looking forward to some yumminess on set today.

Sanjay Gupta: Eid hai, weekend hai, mausam hai, filmein hai, daawatien hain. Aur Kya chaahiye yaaron. Eid Mubaarak. 

Explaining the importance of celebrating Teej, filmmaker Mahesh Bhatt posted: Teej celebrates the victory of a wife's love for her husband, a key factor in Hinduism, symbolised by the union of Lord Shiva and Parvati." 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Recent Posts

Categories

Unordered List

Text Widget

Blog Archive

Labels

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Text Widget

Recent news

About Us

Text Widget

Social

Gadgets

Technology

Advertise Here

Blogroll New

Latest Stories

Menu :

Photography

Business

Sports

My name is Bob Smith, but people call me Smithy. Here is my home page: http://filmimasala2013.blogspot.in/. I live in Albuquerque, NM and work as an engineer at ACME Corp. My friends: Darryl, Edna